Share your camping wisdom or product on the CNE blog.
The RENOVATION TREND
Recreational vehicles and camper trailers have become a popular choice for those seeking adventure, flexibility, and the comfort of home on the road. However, many older RVs can be outdated, cramped, and lacking in modern amenities. That’s why many owners choose to renovate their campers to create a space that better suits their needs and preferences. From upgrading the functionality to personalizing the space, renovating an RV can bring a whole new level of comfort and enjoyment to life on the road.
Whether you prefer a motorized RV, large towable, or vintage trailer, there’s no doubt that the industry as a whole has seen an uprise in renovated campers. There are many reasons why this has quickly grown into a popular trend. Click the Read More link (below) to see my top five reasons.
1. Upgrading and improving the functionality: Many people renovate their campers to make them more comfortable, efficient and livable. This may include adding more storage space, updating the kitchen and bathroom, or improving the electrical and plumbing systems. There has also been an increase in Full Timers and remote workers, which creates a necessity for updated systems such as high-speed wi-fi.
2. Personalizing the space: Camper renovation is a great way for owners to put their personal stamp on their home-on-wheels. People can choose the colors, finishes, and materials that best reflect their style. It’s a great way to showcase your individual personality. Design materials such as peel-n-stick backsplash, recycled PVC tiles, custom wallpaper & infinite choices in paint color provide endless opportunities to create your own unique design. The best part is, designs can be changed often due to the small space. Smaller spaces require less materials, which translates into less money spent, compared to a regular house renovation.
3. Increasing resale value: A well-renovated camper can often command a higher resale value than an older, outdated model. More than often, I hear people say that they’re afraid to renovate or remodel their campers because it would lose its resale value. That statement has been proven wrong time and again. In today’s current market, buyers are commanding bright, comfortable spaces that evoke the feeling of “home”. They want unique styles that speak to them, instead of the outdated & dark models we’ve become accustomed to seeing over the decades. Online markets continue to be popular sources to buy and sell campers. However, with the new demand for updated RVs, websites like RenovatedRVsForSale.com and the Vintage Camper Trailers Magazine online classifieds have grown in popularity within the industry. A quick glance on the site may give a better idea of price differences between renovated campers versus standard floor models.
4. Housing Market: The cost of housing has risen dramatically in recent years, making it more difficult for many people to afford a traditional home. RVs and camper trailers can offer a more affordable option for those looking to reduce their living expenses. The rise in remote work has also made it easier for people to live in RVs and travel or work from anywhere. This gives them the flexibility to choose lower cost-of-living areas, or to live in locations that better align with their interests. Renovating their RV creates a warm & unique space they can truly call “home”.
5. Environmental benefits: An RV renovation is an ideal time to incorporate new technology, making it more environmentally friendly. Installing solar panels, upgrading insulation, or using sustainable materials can save resources and money for the owner long term. Solar energy and internet systems like Starlink, also provide more opportunities to dry camp in remote locations.
No matter the reason, or all of the above, I think it’s safe to say that this is a trend that will not diminish any time soon. With increasing exposure and popularity on social media, renovated campers have become an obsession for a wide audience.
Meet Shi at CampNation Expo on August 10-13, 2023. She’ll be a presenter teaching tips on painting and wallpaper applications for your renovated Camper.
Do you have a camping-related blog post you would like to share? Send it our way!
Leave a Reply.
Camping Expo USA® is an experience for camping and road trip travel enthusiasts to camp and connect with hundreds of fellow outdoor lovers.
SPONSORS AND EXHIBITORS